Next cavalry tactics post coming up tomorrow and another Wharton letter on Sunday, but for now here’s some quick news:
- I’m on Twitter! @cavalrycorps
- There’s an early modern edition of Carnivalesque blog carnival at The Georgian Bawdyhouse on Saturday 25 August. You can submit any blog posts about early modern history posted in the last couple of months using the submission form.
- There are so many interesting discussions going on at Skulking in Holes and Corners that it’s hard to pick one out, so just read all of them.
And some relatively new blogs that I’ve only recently found out about:
- the many-headed monster: Mark Hailwood and Brodie Waddell blog about early-modern English society and culture, including lots of weird and surprising things
- Past in the Present: Paul Lockhart, who has researched early-modern Denmark and the American Revolution, blogs about his work, early-modern military history in general, and differences between academic and popular history
- Pen, Book, Sword: covers medieval military history, violence, disabilities and lots of other things